Rosemary For Hair Growth
Hair growth is not an easy task, especially for those who had short hair most of their lives. With every season it can be very difficult to keep your hands from the scissors. The biggest concern of most people when growing their hair is to keep them healthy and undamaged. This includes maintaining your hair regularly by oiling it, treating it with hair masks, cleaning it and preventing possible damage. While trust in commercial products works for some, the use of organic products can be much more economical. Not only that, but when you create your hair care solutions, you know exactly what to incorporate into your hair mix and why. Rosemary is one of those organic products. The plant has been used for years as an effective hair care product that stimulates the scalp, promoting the growth of healthy hair.
Benefits Of Rosemary For Hair Growth
Rosemary has been used for centuries not only to stimulate hair growth but also to delay aging, says the University of Maryland Medical Center. The following list shows the different ways in which the plant promotes healthy hair growth.
- If you suffer from hair loss, it may seem difficult to grow your hair or keep it long. Rosemary oil can counteract hair loss by stimulating blood circulation to the scalp, promoting hair growth
- Its high nutritional value and its anti-inflammatory properties make it an excellent ingredient for nourishing the hair follicles and soothe the scalp. It also has analgesic properties that make it a good way of relieving the inflamed scalp.
- Rosemary oil helps to clean hair follicles by unclogging them. Clogged follicles often cause problems such as dandruff and, in extreme cases, hair loss.
- It is known to thicken hair and add shine and is often used by people with thin and dull hair.
- Rosemary oil is known for its ability to prevent and stop the spread of gray hair.
- Moisturizes the dry scalp and prevents flaking and dandruff.
- It fixes the damage and removes dirt and grime that can keep the hair thick.
How To Use Rosemary For Hair Growth
Rosemary is known for its ability to grow hair. The added benefits it offers are a bonus.
Below is a list of ways to incorporate rosemary into your hair care to stimulate hair growth and prevent aging.
Rosemary Water For Hair Growth ( Rosemary Hair Rinse )
With a rosemary hair conditioner, your hair will shine and be easy to comb. It also stimulates your scalp and prevents hair loss.
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary leaves
- 2 cups of water.
- Boil the water and add the rosemary leaves.
- Allow it to boil for 15 minutes before filtering.
- Filter the liquid and allow it to cool.
- Wash and condition your hair as normal, then pour rosemary-infused water into your hair during the final rinse.
- Massage your scalp for a few minutes after pouring the conditioner into your hair.
Use this rinse once a week for the best results.
Make sure the rosemary water has completely cooled before pouring it into your hair. Warm water can open the cuticle and cause moisture loss.
Rosemary Shampoo For Hair Growth
Using a rosemary shampoo is one of the easiest ways to promote hair growth. What is better when you can make your shampoo at home? Add some of your favorite essential oils and you have your shampoo to stimulate hair growth.
- A rosemary shampoo bar
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 3 cups of water
- Mince the shampoo bar and place it in a pan with the water and dry rosemary.
- Boil the shampoo water at a low temperature until the shampoo bar is completely dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool and move it in a shampoo dispenser.
- Use this instead of your usual shampoo.
Use this shampoo at least three times a week to promote hair growth.
Use the shampoo for more than a week to allow your hair to adjust. It may look greasier than usual in the first week.
Hot Oil Treatment
Hot oil treatments are a great way to thoroughly condition your hair. The process is efficient over time and requires minimal products. This is one of the best ways to treat dry, damaged hair while improving scalp health.
- 2-4 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of carrier oil (such as coconut, olive, almond, etc.)
- How towel/ Shower Cap
- Mix the rosemary oil and carrier oil of your choice (coconut oil works well due to its penetrative properties) and heat it until it is warm. Do not heat the oils in the microwave as this may result in a nutrient loss.
- Portion your hair and massage the oil on your scalp for about 10 minutes.
- Work the oil along the length of your hair until the roots and tips are well covered.
- Wrap a warm towel (use a hairdryer to warm it) around your oiled hair. Alternatively, you can cover it with a shower cap.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes with the towel around your head before washing the oil. The warm environment allows maximum penetration and absorption of nutrients.
- Rinse the oils with your usual shampoo. If you have oily hair, you can ignore the conditioning.
- Finish the wash with a cool water rinse to seal your cuticle.
You can treat your hair with a hot oil treatment up to twice a week. This keeps your hair conditioned and stimulates hair growth.
- Do not overheat the oil as it will not only burn the scalp but also cause the loss of nutrients.
- Do not be afraid to oil your hair if they are greasy. Mostly, greasy hair is the result of lack of moisture
Sometimes, slow hair growth can be due to the accumulation of dirt and product residues. Dirt and product accumulations can clog your follicles and form deposits on your hair stem. A good way to fix this problem is to use a rosemary vinegar rinse.
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 cups of water
- Mince the sprigs of fresh rosemary and dip them in a cool, dark place in apple cider vinegar for at least 2 to 4 weeks.
- After 4 weeks, take 4 tablespoons of rosemary vinegar and mix with 2 cups of water.
- Use this mixture after washing and caring for your hair as a final rinse.
Use this conditioner once a month in addition to other rosemary treatments.
Do not use too much rosemary vinegar. If you have dry hair, use a smaller amount to prevent the hair from drying out.
Read Also: 4 Ways You Can Use Cucumber For Weight Loss
The use of rosemary as a conditioner without rinse leaves your hair soft and glossy, it improves the circulation of the scalp and promotes hair growth. It is also a good treatment for people with itchy scalp or dandruff.
- 1 tablespoon of Rosemary leaves/ 15 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1 cup of water
- Tea Infuser
- Spray bottle
- Measure a cup of water and boil it.
- Add about 15 drops of rosemary essential oil with the boiled water Alternatively, if you use dried rosemary leaves, you can soak them with a tea-infuser in the boiled water for 10 minutes.
- The mixture of essential oil and water will have no color, while the steeped rosemary tea will have a light green color.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Wash your hair and spray it with water-soaked in rosemary while your hair is still wet. Make sure you cover most of your hair and scalp.
- Allow your hair to air dry.
- If you suffer from hair loss, you can alternatively drink rosemary tea to improve blood circulation and promote hair growth.
You can use this leave-in treatment every time your hair is washed, and also between washing to refresh your hair.
Do not use this treatment if you have high blood pressure or if pregnant.
Read Also: 5 Proven Health Benefits Of Dates
Other Ways To Use To Improve Hair Growth
- Almond Oil
Almond oil is a popular carrier oil known for hair care. It contains important nutrients for hair growth, such as omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, magnesium and phospholipids. In combination with rosemary oil, it improves blood circulation and provides nourishment for hair growth.
- Olive Oil
Olive oil works well as a carrier oil when rosemary is used. Its moisturizing nature makes it perfect for dry hair. Condition the hair and seal the cuticle without weighing it down. It also strengthens your hair and nourishes your scalp to ensure that new hair growth is strong and healthy.
Read Also: How To Get A Glowing Body Skin
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a coolant and soothes the scalp. In combination with rosemary, it is the best solution for hair care to maintain the health of the scalp. Its penetrating properties pull the hair from the inside and increase its tensile strength. It also contains fatty acid chains that nourish the follicles and hair.
- Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is a wax ester whose structure resembles that of natural sebum oil released from the scalp. It is the ideal carrier oil to use with rosemary on oily scalps. It calms the sebaceous glands too jealously, believing that enough oil is produced in the scalp.
- Castor Oil
Castor oil is said to double hair growth with regular use. However, the oil is not normally used for hair care because of its sticky nature. To avoid this, combine 1 tablespoon of castor oil with 2 tablespoons of lighter oil, such as olive oil or coconut oil. Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to get the perfect blend of thickening oil for the hair.
Read Also: Carrot Juice For Wrinkles
Lavender oil is known for its pleasant fragrance, which is often used in aromatherapy. It is a well-known anti-stress and is also used in hair care. Like rosemary oil, it improves the circulation of the scalp, which promotes hair growth.
- Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is another essential oil that maintains scalp health, improves blood circulation and promotes hair growth. The combination of essential oils of rosemary, sage, and mint will give you the best solution to thicken the hair. You can combine these oils with a carrier oil, such as olive oil or coconut oil, and use up to twice a week.
Read Also: How To Moisturize Your Face Naturally
- Sage Oil
Sage oil has been used for centuries as a hair loss treatment. It has been demonstrated that this product treats the effects of baldness in both men and women.
This essential oil can be used in combination with rosemary to prevent hair loss and promote its growth.
How Long Does It Take To Notice The Effects?
You will notice an increase in hair growth shortly after one month of using this product. The regular use of the herb increases the rate of hair growth and also increases the volume. Do not switch between too many ingredients. Find out what’s best for your hair and stick to it.
Your hair growth is a long process and there are no shortcuts. Although you can use products like rosemary to achieve your hair care goals, there is no miraculous solution that will give you long hair overnight. With proper hair care and patience, you will get the incredibly long hair you desire.