At Healthzigzag, we never tire of recommending sweet almond oil for its great benefits for the skin, but did you know that almond oil can also be a great ally as a hair cosmetic? Known for its high concentration of antioxidants, fatty acids, and vitamin E, almond oil can make your hair look strong and healthy. Before reading this full article please take a look at 11 Reasons for hair loss also.
Do not miss the following article in Healthzigzag, because we share with you everything you should know about almond oil for hair: benefits, how to use it, and how to make your own homemade sweet almond oil. Let’s go there!
- 1 Benefits of almond oil for hair
Benefits of almond oil for hair
If you have already used almond oil for your face and want to know what almond oil is for in your hair, you should bear in mind that this ingredient has incredible moisturizing properties. It is an oil with a high content of proteins, minerals, and vitamins A, B, and E, so it is essential for those who want to have soft and shiny hair. Although almond oil is very good for hair health you can check the article 9 Foods That Promote Hair Growth.
These are some of the benefits of almond oil for hair :
- Recovers damaged hair
- Reduces frizz
- Strengthens hair
- Repair damaged tips
- Provides sun protection
- Moisturizes nourishes and softens hair
- Define and shape curls
- Fights seborrheic dermatitis
- Eliminates dandruff and dry scalp
How to make almond oil for hair
If you are one of those who enjoy making their homemade cosmetics, do not miss this simple preparation to make almond oil for hair at home. You will need to:
Its preparation is straightforward; you just have to follow these steps:
- Put the almonds, fresh and dried, in your kitchen robot. It is essential that you make sure that the mixer or robot is completely clean and dry.
- Start beating the almonds at a slow speed, so they grind slowly. Go gradually up to an average rate.
- Open the glass and lower the remains of almonds that remain on the walls with a spatula. When grinding the almonds, a paste will be made that will stick to the blades or walls of the glass.
- As the almonds are liquefying and the pieces are smaller, you can increase the speed until you reach the maximum.
- When your smoothie has a creamy paste consistency, add a tablespoon of olive oil to speed up the process. If you see that your almonds do not acquire the consistency of paste, you can add another tablespoon of oil and continue blending.
- When you have the almond paste with the right consistency, pour it into a glass container, and store it at room temperature for two weeks. During this time, the almond oil should be separated from the pulp.
- After the resting time, put a strainer or filter on top of a container and pour the mixture to separate the oil from the almonds.
- Your almond oil will be ready to use.
How to use almond oil for hair
How can almond oil be used for dry and damaged hair? If you want to add volume and luminosity to your mane, you should know that there are two ways to use almond oil: alone, that is, without other ingredients, or in the form of a mask, as we will explain in the next section.
- Reverse Hair Loss With 3 Home Remedies
- What do you need for healthy hair and nails?
- How To Reduce Hair Fall With Yoga?
For starters, let’s look at how to use this oil for damaged hair without other products. Follow these steps:
- Pre-moisten the hair.
- Take a tablespoon of almond oil and apply it to your hair. We recommend that you use the ends to the ends, not the roots.
- Do a gentle massage with your hands and comb the hair to make sure that the product is well distributed.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap and let the mixture take effect for about 30 minutes.
- After this time, wash your hair with your usual shampoo.
Almond oil hair masks
Now that you know how to use almond oil for hair alone, let’s see how to use it in different covers to enhance its properties. From Healthzigzag, we propose these three natural masks based on almond oil to radically change the appearance of your hair.
Egg yolk and almond oil mask
This homemade mask based on almond oil and egg is perfect for nourishing hair, and fighting split end. If you have dry or damaged hair, you will love:
- Mix in a bowl three tablespoons of almond oil with an egg yolk and beat until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Apply from medium to end, massaging each lock to facilitate product penetration.
- Leave to act for 20-30 minutes and rinse.
Almond oil and mayonnaise mask
If you are looking for healthier hair and extra shine and hydration, try this home remedy. Almond oil will reduce frizz and nourish your hair, and mayonnaise will help repair the cuticle. These are the steps you should follow:
- Add in a bowl a tablespoon of almond oil, two tablespoons of mayonnaise and an egg. Mix until all ingredients are integrated.
- Apply the mixture on the hair, from medium to ends so as not to grease the root and massage the product into each strand.
- Cover with a shower cap or plastic wrap and leave on for 20 minutes. Finally, rinse with cold water.
Almond, banana and avocado oil mask
It is a mask that provides deep hydration to the hair. It is effortless to prepare; you just have to follow these four steps:
- Crush a ripe banana and an avocado in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of almond oil and stir well until you get a paste.
- Apply on the ends or in the area you need to hydrate.
- Let it act for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water. Published By Healthzigzag.com
If you want to read more like Almond oil for hair: benefits and how to use it, then check our category Hair Care.