The basis of a balanced diet needs an extra supply of vitamins. Most of them we get from fruits and vegetables. One of the vegetables that provide the greatest benefits to our health is celery. Do you know all its properties? Take note!
Celery nutritional properties
Among its most significant properties are the following:
- Vegetal protein
- Antioxities (flavonoids)
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C
- Minerals: potassium, sodium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and selenium
- Essential oils: Limonene
- The oil in its seeds contains pale, which have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
Benefits of celery for health
It is a great cleanser
Thanks to its potassium content, celery stimulates urine production. Therefore it is ideal to combat fluid retention and eliminate toxins. To be more effective it must be taken in juice and fasting.
- Read Also: 10 Ways To Detox Your Body Naturally
Celery benefits to Fight constipation and facilitates digestion
Health benefits of celery to lose weight
Celery has satiating properties that decrease the desire to eat. On the other hand, it activates and improves the functioning of the metabolism. In addition to being low in fat and calories, this vegetable is ideal for weight loss.
- Read Also: 4 Ways You Can Use Cucumber For Weight Loss
Celery helps to prevent Kidney stones
Having kidney stones is a very painful experience. Celery benefits in eliminating kidney stones and gallstones.
- Read Also: Foods To Avoid With Kidney Disease
Consume celery and feel relax
Thanks to its alkaline mineral content, celery is a powerful relaxant, which can treat problems of anxiety, stress, and insomnia.
Health benefits of celery in the prevention of Uric acid
Reduces blood pressure
Ingredients in celery benefits and help to reduce blood pressure. So it is highly recommended in case of hypertension.
It can prevent some types of cancer because of its content in pale, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Contraindications and side effects
- Its use not advised in pregnancy as it can cause abortions
- In the case of digestive problems, it is recommended to consume always cooked, not raw.
- Its excessive consumption can cause stomach upset.