Proven Ways To Relieve The Pain Of Kidney Stones
Kidney stones can be very awful. If you face the pain they cause, there are various things you can try to relieve the problem. Please consult a doctor for help as kidney stones can get poor if you do not follow an appropriate treatment. Your doctor may recommend some home remedies or prescribe a prescription pain reliever depending on the intensity of your pain. In this article, we will discuss some ways to relieve the pain of kidney stones.
Read Also: Foods To Avoid With Kidney Disease
Drink a lot of water to relieve the pain of kidney stones
One of the most valuable things to do in the case of kidney stones is to drink a lot of water. Your urine should be light yellow or transparent. If it is brown or dark yellow, you do not drink enough water.
- Add a dash of lemon juice to your water to give it taste.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day if you have kidney stones.
- Drinking cranberry juice can also be useful for the kidneys. Their tannins can prevent infections and contribute to overall health.
Take an over-the-counter pain reliever
- If you can, take Motrin, which is favored by doctors to other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to relieve the pain of kidney stones.
- Ask your doctor if you do not know what type of medicine or how much you need to take.
- Also, be sure to read and follow the instructions for use of the product.
Prepare some celery juice
Drinking a glass of fresh celery juice can be beneficial because the celery has antispasmodic properties. It means that it relieves the pain caused by spasms in the tissues inside and around the kidneys.
- If you have a juicer, you can prepare your fresh celery juice with some celery stalks.
- If you do not have a juicer, try finding a juice bar and ask for a glass of celery juice.
- Eat calf seeds too, as they tone and promote urination.
Sip green tea to relieve the pain of kidney stones
Green tea benefits to relieve the pain caused by kidney stones but is also known to prevent their onset. Drink 2 to 4 glasses of green tea a day. You can drink classic or decaffeinated glass tea.
- To make a cup of green tea, put 1 teaspoon of dried tea leaves in a tea ball or tea bag and put it in a mug. Pour a cup of boiling water over it before soaking for 5 to 10 minutes then remove the tea ball or tea bag.
Try tea with white willow bark
White willow bark contains the same effective ingredient as aspirin and may have the same anesthetic effects. Drink a cup of tea with white willow bark to relieve the pain of kidney stones. Keep in mind that this herbal tea can cause stomach irritation in some people and should not be given to children under 16 years old.
- To prepare a cup of tea with white willow bark, put 1 teaspoon of dried plants in a tea ball or tea bag and put it in a mug. Then pour a cup of boiling water over it before brewing for 5 to 10 minutes and remove the tea ball or tea bag.
- Drink a cup and wait a few hours to see how tea affects you. Some studies claim that white willow bark is as effective as aspirin
Try homeopathic remedies to relieve the pain of kidney stones
Some homeopathic medicines can help you relieve the pain caused by kidney stones. These remedies are usually sold in health food stores or grocery stores. You can take 3 to 5 pills of these categorized products from 12X to 30C. Repeat the dosage once every 1 to 4 hours. Below homeopathic remedies that you can try.
- Berberis: try this remedy in case of pain mainly located in the groin area.
- The colocynth: try this remedy in case of pain that decreases when you lean forward.
- The Ocimum: try this remedy in case of pain accompanied by nausea or vomiting
Try Phyllanthus niruri to relieve the pain of kidney stones
Phyllanthus niruri is a plant that can treat kidney stones and relieve the pain they cause. It works by dilating the ureters, which facilitates the removal of stones and also helps the kidneys to eliminate the substances responsible for their formation such as calcium.
Call your doctor if you have severe or severe symptoms
In some situations, home remedies are no longer enough to relieve the pain of kidney stones and in these cases, you will need to call your doctor right away. If you go to the emergency department, you will have urinary tests and an abdominal ultrasound or CT scan to see if you have kidney stones. Call your doctor if you feel:
- severe pain around the abdomen, on the sides, in the groin, and the genitals,
- urine stained with blood,
- a burning sensation when you urinate,
- nausea or vomiting,
- fever and chills,
- pain on the side that extends to the groin,
Learn about prescription pain medications
If home remedies can not relieve pain, you should ask your doctor for prescription painkillers to help with the pain caused by a kidney stone. Even if you are already taking a prescription pain reliever, if you still have pain, tell your doctor. You may need a higher dosage or a stronger drug.
Keep the calculation if you can get it through
If you can get the kidney stone home, keep it and take it to your doctor for analysis. This will allow him to determine the type of kidney stone and he can give you recommendations to prevent the appearance of another calculation in the future. There are several types of kidney stones: calcium stones, uric acid stones, struvite stones, and cystine stones.
Appointment as soon as possible to a doctor if you think you have kidney stones. Without proper treatment, your problem may become worse and you may need surgery to treat it.