How To Get A Flat Stomach In A Week? Try These Easy Methods
You will attend a big event and only have one week to get rid of your round belly. This is achievable if you follow the following tips. You will be so pleased that you will want to continue to follow them once the week is over.
Drink a lot of water to get a flat stomach in a week
Make water your best friend
It is always essential to drink water, it is more important if you try to lose belly. When you drink water, you help your body uphold a balanced fluid level, reduce water retention (the major cause of swollen bellies) and feel full and therefore eat less. Water also breaks down fats and turns them into energy and nutrients to your muscles, ensuring a good metabolism.
- Add orange, lemon or cucumber juice to your water to give it a good taste. You can also try with herbs and aromatic flowers like verbena or mint.
Read Also: Morning Water Therapy: Drinking Water on Empty Stomach
Drink more green tea to get a flat stomach in a week
One of the many benefits of green tea is that it contains catechin, an antioxidant that will help you cut the fat in your belly. For even better results, take a sip of green tea before a workout.
Drink more smoothies to get a flat stomach in a week
Smoothies contribute to good hydration and can help you lose stomach. If you make a watermelon smoothie, you will enjoy the benefits of an amino acid it contains, arginine. A study by the Journal of Nutrition, an American dietary magazine, has shown that arginine helps burn fat and increase muscle mass.  A pineapple smoothie will bring you bromelain, a pineapple enzyme that helps break down proteins, aids digestion and eliminates bloating.
- Watermelon smoothie: Cut into pieces the equivalent of two cups of watermelon and put them in the blender. Add 1/4 cup skim milk and mix for about 15 seconds or until the mixture becomes well blended. Add 2 cups of ice cubes and mix again, 20 seconds or the time needed to get the consistency you want. Here is a link to a watermelon smoothie recipe.
- Pineapple smoothie: Mix 1 cup skimmed milk in the blender and add 100 grams of fresh or canned pineapple pieces. Mix this mixture for 1 minute. Pour into a glass and add 1 teaspoon of cold-pressed organic linseed oil. Serve yourself.
Read Also: 3 healthy low carb ketogenic smoothie list for breakfast
Consume more ginger to get a flat stomach in a week
Ginger helps calm the gastrointestinal tract and reduce bloating. Add grated fresh ginger to your green tea or make a ginger tea by boiling a few pieces cut on the root.
Drink peppermint tea to get a flat stomach in a week
It’s no coincidence that many restaurants offer peppermint candies after meals, peppermint helps with digestion. Infuse peppermint or add peppermint leaves to your water or green tea.
Read Also: How To Lose Fat In The Arms
Avoid alcohol to get a flat stomach in a week
When it comes to losing your belly, alcohol is not your friend. It will make you store more fat provided by your diet, but also, your body will burn about 36% less fat than it normally would. In some cases, alcohol can even inhibit the production of fat-burning hormones.
Avoid soft drinks or fermented drinks to get a flat stomach in a week
These drinks contain gas and when you consume them, this gas goes into your intestines resulting in swelling or bloating of your belly.
Read Also: Harmful Effects of Soft Drinks on Human Body
Say “no” to sorbitol
Sorbitol is an artificial sweetener found in some light drinks. While sorbitol has the advantage of giving a sweet taste without bringing calories, but the problem is that your body has trouble digesting it. Sorbitol is not only present in sodas, but also yogurts, reduced-calorie foods, chewing gum, and hard candy.
Read Also: 10 Ways To Detox Your Body Naturally
Here we will discuss how you can get a flat stomach in a week by doing exercise
Put yourself on cardio
Nothing like aerobics exercises to fight a round belly. A study from Duke University (North Carolina private research university) found that aerobic exercises are the most effective at burning deep visceral fat and that these exercises burn 67% more calories than resistance exercises or a combination of cardio and muscle resistance.
- The Department of Health and Human Services recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobics a week (brisk walking or swimming) for a healthy adult or 75 minutes of intense activity (such as running) spread over the week. Physical activities can be divided into different sessions during the day but should last at least 10 minutes. If you want to lose weight, you will need to increase the intensity or duration of the sessions, see both.
There will always be a controversy between coaches to find out if the abdominals are a good method to get a flat stomach in a week. What is certain is that they will work the muscles of your abdomen, in front of and on the sides.
- Strengthening the pelvic muscles: Lie on an exercise ball with your back and head resting on the ball, your feet on the floor, and 2-5 kilo dumbbells in your hands against your chest. Contract your abs and bend until your shoulders come off the balloon. Then use both hands to lift the ball or dumbbell on the ceiling. Do three sets of 12 to 15 moves resting 30 seconds between each set.
- Abdominal legs outstretched: Take a pair of 4 to 6-kilo dumbbells and lie on your back with your arms extended behind you and your legs outstretched at a 45-degree angle to the floor. Bring your arms to your chest and lift your shoulders (and your hands holding the dumbbells) off the mat while raising your legs until they are perpendicular to the floor. Return to your starting position, without letting your legs fall to the ground. Do three sets of 15 repetitions by resting 30 seconds between each set.
Read Also: How To Get Rid Of Back Fat: 10 Best Exercises, Foods To Eat
Work your trunk
The trunk consists of the abdominal muscles as well as the muscles of the lower back, pelvic floor, and hips, more than 15 muscles in total. To get a flat stomach in a week, you need exercises that target all those muscles.
- Sheathing on the side: Lie on your left side, your elbow on the floor, in line with your shoulders and your legs on top of each other. Place your right hand on your left shoulder or your right hip. Contract your abs and lift your hips from the ground up to balance on your forearm and your feet, your body should form a diagonal line. Hold this position for 30 to 45 seconds. Repeat the same on the opposite side.
- If you can not maintain the position for 30 to 45 seconds, try to keep as much as possible and train.
- The cladding market: Put yourself in the cladding position and put your hands on the ground by spreading them five centimeters wider than your shoulders. Keep your feet in place, move your hands as far as possible in small “steps”, then return to the original position. Repeat this 10 to 12 times.
- You can complicate the exercise by lifting one leg before moving forward and back with your hands.
- Climb the rope: Sit with your legs outstretched in front of you, with tight heels and open ends, your foot should form a V. Your toes are pointing at you. Contract the muscles of your trunk and form a C-shaped curve with your spine. Raise your arms upwards and move them as if you were climbing a rope, twisting your arms around the bust. Repeat the movement 20 times for each arm.
Create the fantasy of a flat stomach
Perfect your posture
Keeping you straight can make you look thinner than two pounds so why not take advantage of it! Stand so that your pelvis is relaxed and in the lengthening of your belt, tilted forward. Your back should be tilted back. Take out your stomach slightly. Roll your shoulders back and let them fall gently. With your head centered over your spine, stretch your neck and imagine that a string is attached to your head and gently lifts you.
Use belts fitted to the waist
Your wardrobe can help you hide your round belly. If you choose the right fabrics and the right clothing styles, you can create the illusion of a flatter belly.
- Choose fabrics that touch the body: cotton, silk, other textile blends, and textiles with wool. Do not put tight fabrics like Lycra and other light knits, they tend to emphasize each bead.
- Make diversion. Look for clothes that catch your eye on another part of your body than your belly. For example, a top with details at the neckline or a steering wheel in the center will attract attention elsewhere than on your belly. Tops or wrap dresses are also good choices if they are not tight.
- Wear a belt. Put a wide black belt around your waist. This will separate your bust from your hips and beautify your waist.
- Play with the patterns. Geometric or floral patterns can be a good way to hide a round belly. However, you will have to experiment with pattern size to find the right size for your silhouette.
- Put the colors at your service. Of course, black is the color that thins most, but it’s not your only option. Celebrity stylist Phillip Bloch recommends purple, navy blue, burgundy, eggplant, charcoal gray and dark emerald to look slimmer. You can also dress in one color from head to toe to appear more slender.
Put on slimming sheaths
Sleeves can give you the look you want. There are all styles, but a high-waisted cycling short can do the trick for thinning the belly (as well as the hips and thighs). Choose the level of correction you want, low, medium or large, to get the result you want while being comfortable.
Here we will discuss how you can get a flat stomach in a week by eating good and healthy foods
Eat more often
If you eat in large quantities during meals, you fill your stomach and overload your digestive system. Eat small meals more frequently or grab snacks. Leave an interval of two or three hours between meals, they will take less space in your stomach, avoiding bloating and keep you full and fit.
Reduce your fiber consumption
Many foods rich in fiber (broccoli, beans, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower) cause gas and bloating. This week, eliminate them from your diet. Once last week, you can reintegrate them gradually, one by one. You may find that some of these foods bother you more than others, so you can adjust your diet accordingly to get enough fiber, but also to keep your stomach flat.
- You can fight the gases that some foods give by consuming Beano. Beano contains an enzyme that helps break down the complex sugars found in beans and cruciferous vegetables and thus aids digestion.
Adjust your portions of fruits and vegetables
Although raw fruits and vegetables are excellent for health, they swell the stomach. You will need to consume them in small quantities distributed throughout the day.
Detect lactose intolerance
If dairy products give you gas or bloating, you may have trouble digesting lactose, sugar from dairy products. Try to consume low lactose dairy products like yogurt. Consume dairy products in small amounts and combine them with other foods. You can also buy lactose-free products or take a digestive aid, such as Lactaid, to help your digestive system break down lactose.
Opt for products rich in potassium
Eat potassium-rich foods such as avocado, mini-bananas, papaya, mango, cantaloupe and non-fat yogurts (no artificial sweeteners). Potassium is a natural diuretic, it will help fight water retention and swelling.
- Do not eat too fast. Eating slowly allows your digestive system to function properly. This will also allow you to enjoy more of your meals.
- Be more active. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, it will be a good start.
- Have breakfast! Having breakfast will wake up your metabolism!
- Think in terms of race time rather than distance. When you exercise, your metabolism speeds up and stays faster even after training. If you run for half an hour your metabolism will be very active for a longer time than if you only run one or two kilometers.
- After dinner, wait at least two hours before going to bed, it will give you time to digest.
- The harder you work, the more visible and fast results you will get.
- Do not be discouraged if you do not see results immediately. They will be visible later.
- Strive anyway. Do not be discouraged, you will get there.
- Make smart choices:
- put yourself in complete foods (cereals and whole flours)
- all vegetables are good however in your case the darkest lettuce will be the most appropriate. Other vegetables such as peas and corn can bring you starch
- prefer nuts to chips. Both are rich in fat, but the nuts are much healthier
- prefer fruit to fruit juice. Juices sometimes contain added sugars that can be difficult to digest. On the contrary, fruits will not cause you problems of digestion
- for milk, prefer to skim or semi-skimmed milk
- Eat unrestrained fruits, apart from bananas. They slow down the digestion of carbohydrates.
- Do not starve yourself.
- Do not work too hard and do not ask too much about your body.
Try these methods to get a flat stomach in a week.
Let us know in the comment box if you tried any of these methods and what was the result.