Oregano Oil: Properties, Indications, Tips To Use, Health Benefits
The essential oil of oregano is a specifically productive antibacterial and antiviral oil. It helps provoke the immune system and also fights against fungal infections or scabies. It acts as a nervous, physical and sexual fortifier.
- Common Name: Compact Oregano, Oregano Vulgaris
- Latin name: Origanum Vulgaris or Origanum compactum
- Botanical Family: Lamiaceae
- Distilled part: Flowered top
- Origin (a country where the plant is cultivated): Around the Mediterranean
- Preferred uses: dermal route, internal route, respiratory route
- 1 Properties of the essential oil of oregano
- 2 Indications of the essential oil of oregano
- 3 Health benefits of oregano oil for skin
- 4 Health benefits of oregano oil for urogenital
- 5 Health benefits of oregano oil for respiratory problems
- 6 Precautions and contraindications of the essential oil of oregano
- 7 Characteristics of the essential oil of oregano
Properties of the essential oil of oregano
- Anti-infectious very broad spectrum
- pest control
- Stimulating immune
- General tonic
- Physical tonic
- Sexual tonic
- Stimulating psychic
Warning: Essential oil of oregano should not be used before 15 years. It must be very adulterated because it is dermocaustic. A skin test should be performed in the bend of the elbow before use. At too high a dose or when used too frequently, the essential oil of oregano is dangerous for the liver.
Indications of the essential oil of oregano
- Cutaneous application (bath, cold compress, massage): Abscess, angina, bronchitis, infectious dermatosis, parasitic dermatosis, infectious diarrhea, fatigue, laryngitis, influenza, tracheitis.
- Respiratory (diffusion, inhalation, olfaction): Angina, bronchitis, latent depression, epidemic, intellectual fatigue, infection, lack of concentration, lack of self-confidence, bad smell.
- Internal route (oral, rectal, vaginal): Angina, bronchitis, infectious diarrhea, intestinal fermentation, tropical fever, flatulence, influenza, infection of the genital tract, urinary tract infection, intestinal infection, laryngitis, tracheitis.
Health Benefits of oregano oil for skin, urogenital, respiratory, digestive and many more…
Health benefits of oregano oil for skin
• Infectious dermatosis, parasitic dermatosis: mange, mycosis, abscess: dilute in vegetable oil to massage the area to be treated.
Health benefits of oregano oil for urogenital
• Urinary tract infection, infection of the genital tract (cystitis, urinary tract infection, nephritis): internally after consultation with a health professional.
Health benefits of oregano oil for respiratory problems
- Angina, bronchitis, flu, laryngitis, tracheitis: dilute the essential oil of oregano in vegetable oil to massage the soles of the feet. Internally after consultation with a health professional.
Health benefits of oregano oil for digestive problems
- Infectious diarrhea: dilute a few drops of essential oil of compact oregano in vegetable oil to massage the abdomen.
- Flatulence, intestinal fermentation, intestinal infection: internally after consultation with a therapist.
Read Also: Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Constipation
Other health benefits of oregano oil
- Bad smell: epidemic: in diffusion, associated with the essential oil of mandarin.
- Physical fatigue: dilute in vegetable oil to massage the back, the spine and the soles of the feet.
- Tropical fever: internally, after consultation with a health professional.
- Infection: in diffusion with the essential oil of citrus or inhalation.
Tips for using Oregano essential oil for psychological well-being
• Intellect fatigue, lack of concentration, lack of self-confidence, latent depression, intellectual fatigue: use the essential oil of oregano in olfaction.
Precautions and contraindications of the essential oil of oregano
Oregano essential oil should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women. It is prohibited to children under 15 years. This oil is very dermocaustic.
It is imperative to perform a skin test in the elbow crease and not use it if the skin shows redness or irritation.
Liver patients should aware of the dangers of oregano oil. People with liver problems should not include oregano oil in their daily routine.
People who are prone to hypertension should use it carefully. The essential oil of oregano compact, or vulgar, should not be confused with that of Origanum majorana.
Characteristics of the essential oil of oregano
Oregano is a perennial herb. This plant has a size that varies from 30 to 80 cm in height. It has red, square, hairy stems with green, toothed leaves. The flowers are pink or purple. The harvest of oregano is done in July as soon as the flowers appear. For culinary use, fresh or dried oregano preferred.
BIOCHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF OREGANO OIL
The biochemical composition is likely to evolve according to the conditions of production.
PRODUCTION MODE AND YIELD
To obtain the essential oil of oregano compact, one uses the flowering tops. The process is that of steam distillation. Only a few varieties of oregano make it possible to obtain essential oil of good quality. With 100 kg of flowering plants, one obtains from 100 to 200 g of essential oil of a slightly viscous aspect and light brown color.
Please note that this information does not constitute a medical opinion. We are giving this for information purposes. For any purpose for therapeutic purposes, consult a doctor.
The Bottom Line:
Oregano oil has many health benefits for skin, respiratory and digestive problems. To gain more health benefits of oregano oil, you can include it in your daily routine.
Read Also: Benefits Of Rosemary For Hair Growth