5 Homemade Salad Recipes Rich In Protein
Proteins are fundamental to our bodies. They are involved in the formation of muscles and bones and are very important for the production of red blood cells, antibodies, and enzymes . When we do not include enough protein-rich foods in our diet, we can feel tired. So we can include a salad in our daily routine diet which is rich in protein easily at home.
Preparing a perfectly balanced salad is an art. if you want to know how to do this then read the article link given below:
Maintaining protein levels is one of the problems faced by those who choose to stop eating meat. However, this is not an impossible task and some foods will help you achieve this. Among them are lentils, beans, and dried peas, chickpeas, and quinoa.
Beans, lentils, dried peas, and quinoa, etc. are important for our health as they are a great source of proteins. We listed 50 superfoods that are beneficial for your health. If you were still unaware of them, then just click the link given below:
Try these tasty salad recipes to incorporate more protein into your diet and achieve a balanced diet.
Beans protein-packed salad with quinoa and black and white beans
ingredients For the salad:
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Quinoa
- One can (540 mL) black beans
- 1 can (540 mL) white kidney beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) cucumber (diced cut)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) red/purple onion (diced cut)
- 1 pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) minced fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) olive oil or other extra virgin vegetable oil variety
- 2 tablespoons (25 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 c coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, boil 170 ml of salted water. Cook the quinoa until it softens, which will take about 12 minutes. Drain it when it is ready.
- To make the dressing, whisk the oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, chili, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- In the same bowl where you have prepared the seasoning, add quinoa, white and black beans, cucumber, onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Mix a little to combine the ingredients with the vinaigrette.
Salad with arugula, lentils, and cashews
- 100 g of cashew nuts
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 5 or 6 dried tomatoes
- 3 slices of bread
- 1 can (425 gr) of lentils
- salt and pepper
- Optional: raisins, honey or agave syrup, lemon juice or vinegar
- Grill cashews in a frying pan over low heat. When finished, place them in the container where you are going to assemble the salad.
- Chop the onion. Put some oil in the saucepan and sauté for about three minutes over low heat. When it’s ready, pour it into the container with the cashews.
- Chop the jalapeno pepper and the dried tomatoes and add them to the container.
- Cut the slices of bread into cubes. Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook until crisp. Season them with a little salt and pepper.
- Wash the arugula and place it in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Add the lentils and mix well.
- Salt and pepper the salad and serve with toast.
Chickpea, quinoa, tomato, and cucumber salad
- 1 can (425 g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups quinoa cooked according to instructions written on the packing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (you can use honey to replace)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 large bunches of green leaves (lettuce, spinach, arugula or watercress)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Mix the chickpeas, quinoa, olive oil, vinegar, agave syrup and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients immediately before eating the salad. You can add a little pepper to give it more flavor.
Read Also: 10 Most Protein-Rich Vegetables
Black bean and lentil salad with lime and coriander vinaigrette
ingredients for the salad:
- A cup of mix lentils
- 1 can (425 g) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 or 2 Italian tomatoes
- A bunch of coriander (without stems)
- chives (optional)
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Cook the lentils according to the instructions in the package. To give a better texture to the salad, try not to overcook them. When they are cooked, drain and set aside.
- While the lentils are cooking, prepare the vinaigrette. For this, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and beat well to combine them.
- Chop red pepper, onion and very small tomatoes. You should also chop a little coriander.
- In a large bowl, place the black beans, pepper, onion, tomatoes, and lentils. On top pour the vinaigrette and mix a little. Add the coriander and mix a little more.
Serve this protein-rich salad immediately or store it in the covered refrigerator and serve it an hour later for the flavors to blend better.
Protein-rich quinoa and bean salad with creamy avocado vinaigrette
ingredients For the salad:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup quinoa cooked as a whole package
- 1 can (450 g) black beans, rinsed and well-drained
- 2 tomatoes diced for dressing
- 1 can (450 g) corn kernels, rinsed and well-drained
- 1/2 avocado peeled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the quinoa according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Although quinoa is cooking, prepare the other ingredients.
- To make the vinaigrette, put all ingredients in a blender and liquefy until creamy.4. Place the quinoa on a large plate. On top, pour the beans, corn kernels and chopped tomato. When serving, place the dressing aside.
Which protein-rich salad in the list would you like to try at home? let us know in the comment box.