Gum recession can occur due to multiple reasons, a margin of gum tissue that wraps around your teeth gets wider, pulls back and your teeth tends to look longer because the tissue that was covering it was gradually pulling back. This lessens the beauty and delicacy of your mouth because the wide exposure doesn’t make it look attractive. Here we would discuss all that causes receding gums, what are the causes of receding gums, and possible treatments of receding gums.
Read Also: 50 Foods That Are Super Healthy
Causes of Receding Gums
There are many causes of gums receding, by preventing them you can save your gums for sure. So take a look for these reasons:
- Bacterial Gum Infection: Gum recession usually occurs due to periodontal diseases, and this gum infection gradually abolishes the gum tissue including the bone that supports and holds up your teeth in its place.
- Brushing Your Teeth Forcefully: When you brush your teeth forcefully, then it can cause harm to your gums in a way that it turns out to be gum receding.
- Lack of Dental Care: Lack of proper dental care can make you suffer from gum recession, and dental care includes rinsing your teeth+ gums, flossing, and brushing your teeth with a brush that has soft bristles.
- Gum Recession can be Genetic: Gum receding can also occur due to heredity in some people, no matter how spick and span you are if it runs in your family then you are most likely to have it.
- Hormonal Changes and Imbalance: When a female goes through huge hormonal changes like during pregnancy, menopause, etc then she is most likely to suffer from gum recession.
- Clenching and Scrunching your Teeth: By frequently scrunching your teeth eventually starts receding, this may sound trivial to you, but that’s what causes receding gums literally. By avoiding this, you can prevent gum recession.
- Tobacco Usage: Use of tobacco ruins dental health, by avoiding it you can stay away from gum recession.
Remedies and Treatments of Receding Gums
The mild infection can be treated without surgery; there are some natural ways through them you can fix gum receding. Your dentist can guide you well about how grave the situation is regarding your gums; he can treat you with a deep cleaning he will remove the plaque around your teeth too. Your dentist can suggest some antibiotics, by taking them you will be able to get rid of gum recession.
Read Also: 4 Ways You Can Use Cucumber For Weight Loss
Natural Remedies of Gum Recession
To avoid and fix your gum recession, you can try these quick and simple remedies, such as:
- Through Swishing Oil: It is suggested to swish sesame oil in gums; it can be helpful for the gum inflammation.
- Applying Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera gel is the readily available thing that you can get, using it under your gums would help decreasing bacteria.
- Taking Green Tea: Green tea is good not just for your smartness but also for the dental health of yours.
Read Also: Benefits Of Rosemary For Hair Growth
What is the Surgical Treatment of Receding Gums?
There are some common surgical treatments that doctors do for treating the patients of gum recession, let’s see what they are:
Flap surgery is a small incision, the doctor will do it in your gum tissue, by doing this the tissue will lift. During this procedure, he will remove the plague too. There will be no bacteria after all this and incision save you from further loss.
Read Also: Natural Substitute For Antibiotics
Bonding is the kind of mastic of gum-colored, through bonding doctor covers the root, bonding not only makes it look smaller but also works as a shield that protects subtle roots.
Gum craft is another excellent way of protecting the receding gum; secondly, it reduces the exposed appearance of your teeth, in gum craft doctor takes the gum tissue from your mouth and places it through surgery where it is needed.
If you take proper care of your teeth and gums, then you can avoid having gum receding unless it comes through genes. One must pay attention to one’s dental health because in case of any oblivion your bone along with the roots of teeth can get damage.
Especially the smokers should get a load of it as not only their lungs are damaging through it rather their mouth that includes teeth and gums will be at high risk. So make it your habit to brush your teeth regularly but carefully, with a brush of soft bristles; secondly, you should floss and off and on visit your doctor and seek more about what causes receding gums and what else you can do to stay healthy.
You May Like Also: