How to tan at home quickly and naturally :
Getting tan without leaving home is possible with some tricks and home remedies. Discover how to tan at home quickly and naturally.
There are many natural methods and products to darken the skin that can help you achieve the golden tone you need without leaving home. There are also a series of foods that activate melanin so that your body acquires that tone that you long for. Do not miss this article to tan at home in a healthy, fast, and natural way. But above all, effective.
Home remedies to darken the skin
Foods that promote tanning
Certain foods activate melanin, thus promoting tanning.
- Foods rich in carotene: they are the best allies to wear a beautiful tan. They help activate melanin and make us tan more effectively. They also help us keep tanning longer. Introduce foods that activate the melanin in your diets, such as carrots, tomatoes, squash, bell peppers, broccoli, or spinach.
- Vitamin C: Foods rich in vitamin C contain antioxidants that help us fight free radicals. These are responsible for premature skin aging and diseases such as cancer. Vitamin C helps darken the skin and keep it more beautiful. Eat foods like kiwi, orange, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, lemons, or tangerines.
- Foods rich in Vitamin E: they are essential for a beautiful tan and perfect skin. They will help you maintain color and a more beautiful dermis. Foods such as nuts, green leafy vegetables such as spinach, chard or broccoli, wheat, whole grains, or vegetable oils can not miss in your diet.
- Consume enough water to darken your skin more easily, especially on hotter days. Drink at least 2 liters of water daily and eat watery fruits such as melon, watermelon, or oranges.
As we have mentioned, many foods activate melanin and promote tanning, so they will be great allies to wear a more beautiful golden tone without resorting to commercial lotions. Besides, they will serve to enhance the tan on your skin and keep it longer.
One of these foods is carrot due to its high carotene content, and you can make your homemade self-tanning with the following recipes:
- Carrot, olive oil, and lemon: mix 250 milliliters of carrot juice, four tablespoons of olive oil, and four tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Carrot and coconut oil: Mix the juice of four carrots with a few drops of coconut oil and apply like any commercial bronzer.
Finally, you should apply these lotions with spotless skin. Otherwise, you could get unexpected results.
Black tea is another natural bronzer that you can benefit from to get your skin to acquire a more beautiful golden tone. First, brew a well-charged black tea infusion, cool, and pour into a spray bottle. Finally, you should only apply to the skin evenly before exposing yourself to the sun, you will see how you can enhance your tan.
A revolutionary method widely used today to darken the skin quickly is henna. It is a plant that helps boost skin pigmentation naturally. Also, it does not contain any chemical components that can damage the natural structure of the skin.
To tan with henna, just add a tablespoon of henna in the bathwater and soak for 5 or 10 minutes in this water to give your skin the desired tone. If you don’t get the effect you wanted, you can stay a little longer in the bathtub. The acquired golden tone will remain on your skin for several days and you will not lose it when you shower, henna is waterproof.
Commercial self-tanning solutions
You can find a wide range of self-tanning lotions on the market to instantly darken the skin. They are available in various formats, from creams to sprays, there are even self-tanning wipes.
Before applying them, follow these tips:
- Exfoliate your skin before using a self-tanner with a smooth, oil-free lotion.
- Do not shave a few days before self-tanning, better do it with wax, at least two days before.
- Use self-tanners on clean and dry skin, better after showering.
- Moisturize your skin with body cream before using it.
- Start applying it from bottom to top with upward movements using little product. Do it evenly so that some areas are not darker than others, and pay special attention to the folds of the skin.
- If after the first application you think you need a second one, you can do it to darken the skin a little more.
- Use a glove so that the hands are not more brown than expected or with a yellowish tone.