How to apply mascara correctly:
If you want to achieve a long and voluminous eyelash effect, it is essential to know how to apply the mascara. We explain it step by step.
Putting on the mascara with style will make you get more intensity in your eyes and an impressive volume. But how do you do it correctly? The mascara is a fundamental product in the toiletry bag of any woman but, to obtain a perfect finish, it is necessary to apply it well. Besides, you must also take into account the effect you want to achieve, so pay attention to these beauty tips to get the most out of your look.
Read Also: How to make your small eyes look bigger?
Now we will see some beauty tips to apply the mascara correctly.
How to apply mascara
- First, and before putting on mascara, you must thoroughly clean your eyes and face.
- Next, you can add volume to your lashes using an eyelash curler. With your eyes open, place it as close to the eyelid as possible and squeeze for 10 to 15 seconds. Repeat the operation several times with different sections of your eyelashes and moving towards the end of the eyelid. Never do it after using mascara or you will break your lashes.
- Now we go to apply the mascara. You must make sure that it is in good condition, so as a preventive method and for hygiene reasons, do not use it for more than 6 months.
- Check that the mascara is not dry and remove the excess product before using it. Also, if you don’t want to stain your eyelids when applying it, place a small spoon over your eye.
- For a perfect finish, there are several tricks that you can use and that experts advise. One of them is to put translucent powder on the lashes before putting on the mascara, making your lashes look longer and thicker.
- You can also choose to mix two colors for a greater feeling of volume. For example, you can use a brown shade at the root and a black shade at the tips.
- When applying the mascara correctly, you should look down so that the eyelid does not move. Never start putting it by the tips, better to do it from the root, and with upward zigzag movements. This will ensure that the product is distributed evenly.
- Another tip for mascara is to not pump it, as air will enter the tube, and lumps will appear. Better to put the brush in the pot and shake it with the palms of your hands.
- If you want to open the look and enlarge the eye or give it a sweeter touch, apply the mascara also to the lower lashes. But you should avoid doing it if you have messy eyelashes, dark circles or bags on your eyes since you will focus your attention on that area.
- Choose the mascara based on the result you intend to achieve; for a defined and natural finish, better fine brushes with an elongated shape. If you want a long effect, the ideal is a pyramid type brush. In case you have straight lashes, the ideal will be curved brushes to give them more volume.
- Finally, if you want to break the rules, go for a lumpy and caked finish. To get this smudged look, once you apply the mascara you just have to put the brush upright and start sweeping from one side to the other.
Tips for applying mascara correctly
- In case you want your mascara to resist crying, you should choose waterproof. But to remove the remains, you will have to use an oleic based makeup remover.
- On the other hand, the tone that will give your gaze the most intensity will be black. However, grayish, metallic, or green tones are good allies to achieve medium intensity and a much more natural effect.
- Remove excess product from the brush with a little paper before applying mascara or there will be lumps on your eyelashes.
- Do not apply a single layer, at least you must put two layers and better if you comb the tabs between layers. Thus, you will provide greater depth to your look, although you will get a less natural look.
- If your eyes are slightly apart, apply more layers of mascara on the inside. If not, focus on the tabs on the outer edges.
- Many women forget to put mascara on the end or corner of their eye. However, it is better to do it to get the look to enlarge and lengthen the eye. Start applying makeup from the outer corner of the eye until you reach the eyelashes in the torn area.
- When you are going to use mascara, better do it with a mirror in your hand at chest height. In this way, you will lower your sight and you will not rub with the eyelashes on the eyelids. If you could not avoid staining, wait for it to dry and remove it with a cotton ball.
- Another of the most common oversights is that the mascara has an expiration date. As we said before, it is advisable to change it every six months, but if before that time it is a little dry, you can add a few drops of saline.
- Finally, remove your makeup well starting with the eyes and lips. Always use a specific product that is not aggressive to your skin.
- After all these home remedies, putting on mascara is sure to become a much simpler procedure. Now it only remains to put into practice what you have learned. Let’s do it!