Foods to eat during pregnancy
pregnant women need to ensure that their diet provides enough energy and nutrients for the baby to grow and develop properly. For a healthy pregnancy, the mother’s diet needs to be nutritious and balanced. This involves the right balance of fats, carbohydrates and proteins, and consuming a wide variety of plants like fruits, and vegetables. So they should aware that which foods to eat during pregnancy. For most pregnant women calorie consumption just goes up a few hundred calories a day.
Eating salad during pregnancy, superfood salad recipe: foods to eat during pregnancy
it is well known that unprocessed cheese and cut meats are pregnancy DON’Ts but just you are pregnant doesn’t mean you will miss out on your favorite combination. Simply, you just need to be creative. Pregnancy can be a great time to add some more new foods to your diet. This salad recipe is going to replace cheese and meat with some interesting alternatives. This salad is not only safe to eat during pregnancy but it will also burst nutrition. Pumpkin seeds and Brussel sprouts provide a healthy source of plant-based omega 3(Read also: Why are omega-3 fatty acids important), which are very good for brain development. Figs are rich in Vitamin C, potassium, and folate which can help to support healthy blood pressure levels.
- Brussel sprouts: 2 cups (shredded)
- Hellenic farms fig salami: 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Kite hill: 1/2 cup (dairy-free, ricotta)
- Raw Pumpkin seeds: 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice or white balsamic: 1/4 cup
- Honey: 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper: 2 tablespoons
- Mix the lemon juice, oil, honey, salt, and pepper until fully emulsified.
- Massage dressing into Brussel sprouts and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes until ready to serve.
- Before serving, top Brussel sprouts with pumpkin seeds, ricotta, and sliced fig salami.
- Enjoy! You may like also: Low blood pressure in pregnancy