5 Remedies For The Treatment OF Toe Infection
A toe infection can be almost mild because of an ingrown toenail or fungal infection, but it can also be very dangerous because of an abscess or cellulitis that causes a skin infection. An infection of the toe can even get worse and cause an infection of the joints or bone. Although superficial infections can be treated easily at home, you should go to the doctor for a more serious infection. You must learn to tell the difference between the two because a serious infection must be examined by a specialist to ensure that it can not get worse or spread. In this article, we will discuss the treatment of toe infection briefly.
Read Also: Know about all kind of skin disorders
- 1 Observe the symptoms
- 2 Consult a doctor in case of serious infection
- 3 Decide if you can do treatment of toe infection at home
- 4 Use tea tree oil for the treatment of toe infection
- 5 Dip the toe in apple cider vinegar
- 6 Apply a garlic paste on the infection
- 7 Soak the toe in Epsom salt for the treatment of toe infection
- 8 Dilute a mouthwash in lukewarm water for the treatment of toe infection
- 9 See a doctor if nothing works
Observe the symptoms
Sometimes it can be difficult to know what type of infection is present and whether it is serious or not. This could be a simple ingrown toenail or a more serious infection that could spread to the rest of the body. To be able to tell the difference between the two, you need to look at the symptoms.
- The following are some of the signs and symptoms of mild infection: increased pain or sensitivity, inflammation, redness, and increased heat in the infection .
- If it is more serious, it will present the following symptoms: pus, red lines that leave the site of infection, fever.
Consult a doctor in case of serious infection
Once again, you will know that this is the case if there is pus, red features, and a feverish rise. If you have any of these symptoms, you should call your doctor immediately for advice .
- A serious infection can start from your toe and spread to the rest of the body. If it is really serious, it could even create a state of shock and put your life at risk. Because of its seriousness, it is important to have it examined by a doctor as soon as possible.
Decide if you can do treatment of toe infection at home
If you do not have severe symptoms, but you feel uncomfortable, you could treat the infection at home. Like other types of minor injuries, it is possible to treat an infection at home by cleaning the area, applying an antibiotic and keeping a bandage on top for several days. If you feel that the infection is mild, you can continue.
- If you have cleaned the area well, if you have put on a good antibiotic and kept the bandage clean all the time, but if you still have pain or the area is still swollen, it is time to go to the doctor.
- If the infection is mild and does not seem to pose a risk to your health, you can always make an appointment to have it examined. Use common sense and remember that prevention is always better than cure (literally).
Read Also: How To Treat Crepey Skin Naturally?
Here Are 5 Remedies For The Treatment OF Toe Infection
Use tea tree oil for the treatment of toe infection
Apply directly on bacterial or fungal infection. Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial product that can help you eliminate an infection .
- For example, it has been shown to reduce the athlete’s foot in clinical studies .
Dip the toe in apple cider vinegar
You should try to do it a quarter of an hour a day. You can use it warm or cold. Use the temperature that seems most enjoyable to you .
- Apple cider vinegar has well-known antimicrobial properties, at least in part because of its acidity. Vinegar, in general, has been used for hundreds of years to treat infections .
Apply a garlic paste on the infection
- Change the dough every day.
- Garlic has natural antibiotic properties that help fight against skin infections such as staphylococcus .
Soak the toe in Epsom salt for the treatment of toe infection
Add about half a cup of Epsom salt in three cups of warm water. Soak the toe in the solution for a quarter of an hour or until the water turns cold.
- The high salt content will kill bacteria and fungal infections.
Dilute a mouthwash in lukewarm water for the treatment of toe infection
Dip the toe into the solution. Take equal measures of mouthwash and water that you mix to soak your toe every day. The mouthwash can be used to fight simple infections because it contains menthol, thymol, and eucalyptol, all substances with antibiotic properties .
- If you have a fungal infection, you can add a little white vinegar to the solution to make it more effective .
See a doctor if nothing works
If the infection does not go away in the days following the start of home treatment, or if it seems to be getting worse, see your doctor for treatment. Stop these treatments if they do not give results.
The Bottom Line:
You can try all these remedies for the treatment of toe infection but if you feel uncomfortable, then see a doctor without wasting any moment.