What are the vitamins of mango
Fresh fruits are a source of vitamins that your body needs every day. For example, mango, in addition to the delicious flavour it produces when you put it in your mouth, has many vitamins that can strengthen and benefit your body.
In this Healthzigzag article, we want to show you what the mango vitamins are and how they benefit your body. So, if you are interested in knowing the vitamins of this tropical fruit and knowing how it benefits you, keep reading and you will certainly not hesitate to include it in your diet.
Mango vitamins and their benefits
Mango is a fruit that has a series of nutrients that you can take advantage of to provide your body with a good function. These nutrients include a series of vitamins that can help you to carry out all your vital functions in an appropriate way and to lead a healthy life. The main nutrients of the mango, among which various vitamins stand out, are:
- Vitamins A
- B vitamins
- Vitamins C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Minerals: iron, calcium, sodium, and copper
Thanks to all these nutrients, this fruit has properties that give us great benefits. Among the benefits of mango stand out:
- Improves eye health: can help prevent problems associated with vision and improve some by facilitating treatment.
- Protects the skin: the tissues take advantage of much of the properties of vitamin A, including hair, nails, which remain healthy and strong thanks to it.
- Stimulates the defences: the large number of vitamins that this tropical fruit has been very good for your body. As they are powerful antioxidants that help your immune system to function properly.
- Prevents heart problems: thanks to the fact that this fruit contains vitamins, fibre, and potassium, it can help us in preventing problems of the circulatory system, mainly the heart.
- Regulates intestinal transit: thanks to its fibre and water content it can help you against constipation.
- Mango is good for the bones: mainly thanks to vitamin K, this fruit helps to strengthen the bones, which are one of the most important structures in the body.
- Help lose weight: this fruit can help you lose weight if you eat it properly.
Below we show you how mango vitamins can benefit your body, describing the main advantages that each vitamin provides.
Mango is a great source of vitamin A. This vitamin, also known as retinol if it comes from animal proteins and carotenes if it comes from plant proteins (being then pro-vitamin A), is necessary for your body daily. This protects the health of the retina, helps against the development of soft tissues and bones and teeth. This nutrient, which is a great antioxidant, also has a significant impact on the skin. These are the main benefits of vitamin A for our body:
- Strengthens the immune system by increasing the production of defences and stimulating the response of antibodies against pathogens, which could cause some damage to the body.
- This vitamin has a very important role at the cellular level since it helps against the growth and repair of hair and nail cells, as well as teeth and bones, skin, and vision. This causes your bones, teeth, nails, and hair to stay healthy and strong and grow properly, in addition to promoting good eye health and preventing diseases such as blindness, glaucoma, or cataracts.
- It works as an antioxidant, detoxifying our body and protecting cells.
- By protecting the skin, you will be helping to prevent problems such as herpes, psoriasis, eczema, acne or dermatitis, or to prevent outbreaks if these conditions are already suffered.
The vitamins of group B are of special importance for your body since, in addition to providing energy, they provide you with many other advantages. Vitamin B6, B9, and B12 stand out on the mango, but it also contains vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, and B7. The main benefits of the B vitamins in the mango are:
- Vitamin B6 is usually useful to prevent nausea and hypertension, and it also helps reduce PMS pain. That is why it is usually indicated in pregnant women due to the great benefits it provides during this stage.
- It helps better digestive function. By promoting intestinal transit, producing gastric juices, better-metabolizing food, and promoting the secretion of bile, it produces that digestions are not heavy and better absorption of nutrients. In addition, this group of vitamins helps to deflate the intestine.
- These vitamins are of special importance to the brain. By helping to improve cognition, it contributes to better functioning and conservation of the brain, as well as its neurotransmitters. In fact, these vitamins are also recommended to improve depressed or depressed states.
- They help to have a better vision. In this way, you can prevent cataracts, myopia, or certain degenerations of vision.
Mango vitamin C
Surely you have ever heard of vitamin C, and it is that it is one of the best-known nutrients due to the great benefits it brings to the body. For years this vitamin has been associated with the prevention and recovery against a cold, but there are many other benefits that it brings to our body. In summary, these are the main benefits of mango vitamin C :
- Important vitamin C has been linked to the production of collagen, thus helping to optimize skin healing, improve skin firmness, and prevent premature ageing.
- Like vitamin A, it has antioxidant properties that protect cells, thus helping you fight free radicals in your body.
- Increases the body’s defences, thus helping the immune system to fight diseases. So it’s popularly said to help prevent colds and actually helps much more.
- It helps facilitate the absorption of other vitamins and other nutrients.
Apart from mango, there are many more foods rich in vitamin C that you can discover here
This essential vitamin D, known as the sun vitamin, also provides great benefits to our body, similar to the benefits of the vitamins described above. We can summarize that these are the main benefits of vitamin D that help us naturally produce mango and other foods:
- Strengthens the immune system, helping your body fight bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens.
- It helps absorb other vitamins and minerals, such as phosphorous and calcium. In addition, precisely because of its role in the absorption and fixation of calcium, this is one of the vitamins in mango that helps strengthen bones.
- It improves the nervous system . Nerve impulses depend on a large part of this vitamin, so consuming it will help the nervous system to function better.
- Maintains blood pressure levels in an optimal state.
- This essential vitamin keeps skin hydrated and healthy, so it helps us to look radiant and healthy skin, which can thus perfectly maintain the function of protecting our body.
- It helps keep your hair healthy and strong and helps prevent it from falling out.
Very important vitamin E performs functions similar to those of vitamins A and C. It is known as the vitamin of life and youth because it is a powerful antioxidant. These are the main benefits of vitamin E, which you can find in quantity in fruits such as mango.
- It helps fight infections, thanks to which it increases the protection of your body.
- Promotes healing, in the same way as vitamin C.
- It protects the membranes of the muscles, nerves, and cardiovascular system. It also helps red blood cells to have a longer and healthier life.
- This vitamin E is essential, as cells interact with each other using it.
- Some organs need this vitamin to function properly, this is the case of the liver, lungs, and heart, which take great advantage of the properties of vitamin E. This happens because this vitamin decreases toxins and free radicals and prevents problems related to blood pressure.
Many people do not take into account the importance of vitamin K for the body, and it is that it is a vitamin which for many goes unnoticed but is necessary for the body to function properly. These are the benefits of vitamin K, which can be found in mango:
- Vitamin K helps protect the heart, which is because it helps blood to clot properly, helping to prevent serious bleeding, and can prevent the arteries and heart walls from hardening by helping to keep calcium out of them.
- It is a good vitamin for the bones. It is able to distribute calcium in the most suitable places so that the body can use it in the most optimal way possible. Vitamin K, especially, helps fix calcium in the bones and teeth.
- As an aid to blood clotting, as we’ve already mentioned, it helps wounds heal and heal faster.
Mango also contains a large number of minerals, such as iron, calcium, sodium, and copper. These minerals act to benefit our bodies. In summary, we highlight that the health benefits of mango thanks to these minerals are:
- Iron provides energy, improves blood circulation and blood condition, as well as strengthens your immune system, increasing your defences so that they can fight against pathogens capable of causing disease in your body.
- Calcium, as you probably know, is mainly necessary to maintain healthy and strong bones and teeth.
- Sodium is used to control body fluids and blood pressure.
- Copper is mainly responsible for maintaining healthy hair. Published By Healthzigzag.com