How to make baked banana chips?
Light, gourmet, and energetic chips? It’s possible. Beat your traditional fried potatoes for banana chips, healthier and just as delicious. Cooked in the oven, they allow using less oil than in conventional recipes. You will only have to brush your banana slices with a little sunflower oil, particularly fruity vegetable oil with multiple benefits about health. The latter is indeed a very good source of vitamin E, which plays a key role in protecting the cell membrane. A spoon a day of this oil is enough to cover half of your needs. It is also a good source of omega 6, which promotes the growth of cells, strengthens the immune system and prevents aging.
The banana, especially used as a dessert, has a strong antioxidant capacity, possibly helping to prevent the appearance of certain cancers and various chronic diseases. It is also a source of vitamin B6, B9, and vitamin C, which could explain its high antioxidant capacity. Finally, know that low-ripe bananas contain resistant starch, a sugar that would contribute to weight loss in some obese individuals with type 2 diabetes. Here is the easiest recipe for baked banana chips which you can make at home easily.
Ingredients to make baked banana chips
- 5 unripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- sunflower oil
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Peel bananas and slice (thin slices) (1 to 2 mm thick).
- Fill a bowl with water and dip the banana slices about 5 to 10 minutes.
- When they are well soaked, drain them and put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- With a brush, brush the banana slices with sunflower oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a hot oven, turning the rings halfway through cooking.
- At the end of the oven, sprinkle the sugar chips.
- Let cool on the plate before storing them in an airtight box.
Read Also: How to prepare a perfectly balanced salad?