How to clean the kidneys with parsley
The proper functioning of all the organs of the human body depends, to a large extent, on the habits and lifestyle of each person. As you well know, each part of the organism has a mission to fulfill. It depends on your particular health that your body has all the needs covered or not.
The kidneys, which are responsible for cleaning the blood, its chemical balance and the production of hormones, are no exception. So there are certain foods and natural products capable of optimizing their work. This is where the benefits of parsley come in. A plant that, due to its incredible properties, can help improve your kidney functions. If you want to know how to clean the kidneys with parsley and all the secrets of this remedy, Just read this article till the end.
Properties of parsley to clean the kidneys
The health benefits of parsley are due to the multiple properties that this food contains when it is 100% fresh since many more benefits of this product are obtained when it is not dry. In this case, the following article on How to keep fresh parsley can be very helpful.
The consumption of this vegetable is highly recommended if you want to purify your kidneys. Since it is a very optimal food to clean certain organs of toxins and substances harmful to the body. The properties that make parsley an effective remedy for health are the following:
- Antiseptic: contains chlorophyll, a plant compound that provides antiseptic properties to the body.
- Antioxidant: thanks to chlorophyll and flavonoids (compounds found in vegetables and fruits, in addition to beer and wine), parsley provides antioxidants that optimize the functioning of the kidneys.
- Depurative and detoxifying: eliminates bacteria and any type of component that hinders renal function.
- Diuretic: thanks to this property, parsley helps to expel harmful substances that accumulate in the kidneys from the body (through urine).
- Anti-inflammatory: promotes the reduction of swelling of the urinary tract. It also fights certain infections.
- Immunoprotector: Contains beta carotene, a pigment belonging to the carotenoids that represent a great source of vitamin A. Therefore, it is a potent natural immunoprotection.
How to clean the kidneys with parsley – tips for taking it
Taking into account the effect of these herbs to clean the kidneys, it is necessary to deepen the consumption alternatives. The most widespread option and that in a Healthzigzag we recommend is parsley water. Next, we give you a series of tips to take it and get all its benefits.
Water-based parsley remedy
It is difficult to determine how much parsley can be eaten per day. Although in the case of taking it with water, it will be enough with a couple of times.
- Clean the parsley branches (about 50 grams) and heat a liter of water.
- When the water is boiling, add the parsley and let it infuse for 15-20 minutes.
- Once this time and the period of rest (20 more minutes) pass, you must strain it, serve it and consume it instantly.
If you want to sweeten the intense flavor of this drink, we recommend that you add some raw honey. In addition, you should keep in mind that to get all the benefits of parsley water, it is preferable to drink the first glass on an empty stomach.
Remedy based on parsley and lemon
This method is similar to the previous one but using less parsley (10 grams), less water (a 250 ml glass) and the juice of half a lemon. It is also effective if you take it on an empty stomach to clean the kidneys and optimize kidney functions.
- Heat the water in a glass and pour the chopped parsley in tablespoons.
- Wait a while to infuse.
- When the water is warm, add the lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon.
- As in the previous method, you should strain the mixture before drinking it. You can also sweeten this parsley water with honey to counteract its powerful flavor.
It is as important to know how to clean the kidneys with parsley as to be aware of the contraindications of its consumption. They are less than the benefits, but we consider it relevant that you know the following information:
- Parsley water is not recommended if you have kidney stones, as this food could make your kidneys work more than the bill.
- You should also avoid this drink if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as parsley nutrients could pass to the baby.
- For those people who have stomach ulcers or problems such as gastritis, the consumption of parsley should be moderated or eliminated completely, as it could cause stomach problems.
- Children under 15 cannot drink parsley water either.
In any case, consult with your doctor the convenience of this food if you are in any of these situations or if its consumption causes you discomfort.
More infusions to clean the kidney
Parsley water is one of the best drinks to purify the kidneys, but there are other plants and infusions that can also help you when cleaning the kidneys of toxins. We present some of them:
- Horsetail: This plant contains a potent diuretic property capable of improving kidney functions. As with parsley water, this infusion should be taken either on an empty stomach or after eating.
- Dandelion: with this option, you can also prepare a very popular drink for kidney clearance. The infusion based on the dandelion, a plant that allows toxins to be expelled through the urine, can be consumed up to 3 times a day: fasting, after lunch and after dinner.
- Apple and cinnamon: this infusion also helps improve kidney function. All you will need is a cinnamon stick, the skin of an apple and a glass of water. After mixing all three ingredients well, you can have a glass, always at a warm temperature and as part of breakfast.
- Carrot juice: Carrot juice with nettle is another drink that you should consider if you want to purify the kidneys. The reason? Both carrot and nettle are products that work to eliminate waste from the body through urine, something they get thanks to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.