Recommendations to avoid infection by the coronavirus
Coronavirus infection has alarms on worldwide. It is convenient to discover some measures to reduce the risk of infection.
In recent weeks, the world has been on alert for the multiple cases of people infected with coronavirus and, above all, for the fatal outcome, it has caused in many of these patients. Therefore, there are those who wonder how to avoid the spread of coronavirus.
Before reading this article you can read about What Is Coronavirus? Symptoms, Treatment And Prevention.
What is the coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses of unknown origin. There are different types of coronaviruses. They can produce from a common cold to pneumonia or, in its most severe form, respiratory failure.
In December 2019, the first cases of a new type of coronavirus were detected in the Chinese city of Wuhan. Since then, the spread of an infected person to a healthy person has caused the number of cases to increase dramatically.
Currently, there are more than 50,000 people infected and about 1300 killed by this virus . Although the number of people in whom the presence of coronavirus has been confirmed is very high, the mortality of this type of virus is currently low.
What symptoms does it produce?
Coronavirus infection usually produces symptoms similar to those of a common flu picture. Among them, we can find the following:
- Runny nose
- General discomfort.
- Muscle pain.
- Runny nose
- Fever and chills.
- Sore throat and headache.
The infection can occur asymptomatically, going through the general symptoms that have been discussed or even causing complications, such as pneumonia or respiratory failure in the most severe cases.
These more serious cases generally occur in the most vulnerable population. This population would be composed of the elderly, newborns or people with a depressed immune system.
How it spread?
One of the main reasons for alarm is that the virus can spread from person to person, even before the infected person manifests some type of symptom.
In addition, there is currently no specific treatment to cure the virus. There is also no vaccine or any measure that ensures its protection. Therefore, it is very important to take certain precautionary measures that hinder, to the extent possible, their transmission.
Some measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus
Thus, some of the measures that can be carried out to prevent infection by this and other types of viruses are:
- Avoid close contact with infected people.
- It is very important to maintain proper hygiene. Although hygiene care, in general, is relevant, we must pay special attention to hand hygiene.
- Maintain a distance of approximately one meter between people.
- Use masks following the specific instructions of each in places with a high prevalence of the disease.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing with tissues.
Proper handwashing has proven to be a very effective and cheap way to reduce the transmission of bacteria and viruses. Proper hand hygiene should be done as follows:
- Get your hands wet
- Apply a sufficient amount of soap.
- Rub your hands as follows:
- Rub the palms together.
- The palm of the right hand against the back of the left hand entwining the fingers and vice versa.
- Rub the palms of each other, with interlaced fingers.
- Wash the back of the fingers of one hand against the palm of the opposite hand, holding the fingers together.
- Both thumbs individually.
- Rub the fingertips.
- Rinse hands.
- Dry hands with a single-use towel or a clean towel.
- Use the towel to close the tap.
The Bottom Line
Experts believe that the risk is Spain is low. It is important to be calm and not to raise the alarms. This is because the action in these cases of our health system is fast and effective.
Even so, it is advisable to carry out these precautionary measures, especially in case of trips to countries like China that have a high prevalence of infection. Published By Healthzigzag.com