How to remove blackheads
The presence of blackheads can indicate hormonal disorders and alterations in the production of natural oils. We tell you how to prevent and eliminate them naturally.
There are a wide variety of home treatments that help eliminate blackheads. Although there are products on the market for the same purpose, the combination of some ingredients of natural origin allows creating effective solutions. Does this problem plague you?
Blackheads are small comedones that are produced by a blockage of the skin’s pores. They appear due to an excess of fat production, added to the accumulation of dead cells and the oxidation process of the cells .
Although they do not represent something serious, their presence is unsightly and may indicate hormonal disorders or lack of facial care. This time we want to share some options to minimize them without using expensive or aggressive methods. Try them out!
What are blackheads and why do they occur?
Blackheads, also called comedogenic acne, are small pimples that usually occur mainly in the “T” area of the face (forehead, nose, and chin). Blackheads can appear in other areas of the face and also occur on the back and arms.
They develop when the pores dilate due to an alteration in the sebum production by the sebaceous glands. They are also the result of the accumulation of dead cells and other impurities that adhere to the skin. In summary, its causes can be:
- Hormonal disturbances
- Exposure to contaminated environments
- Excessive makeup application
- Accumulation of toxins in the body
- Use of creams or ointments whose excipients are based on petrolatum and oily substances
- Excessive exposure to the sun’s rays
- Genetic predisposition
How to prevent blackheads?
Before knowing some solutions to eliminate blackheads, it is essential to discover the keys to avoid their appearance. First of all, the type of skin must be clear, since based on this, the most appropriate treatment will be chosen.
Then, you will have to adopt a very complete care routine, emphasizing facial cleansing and the use of scrubs. The latter guarantees a deep cleansing of the face, minimizing the presence of those impurities that clog the pores.
Likewise, it promotes the regulation of cutaneous pH, being key to maintaining an adequate production of natural oils. Other ways to avoid this problem include:
- Remove makeup from your face each night before bed.
- Use facial tonics up to twice a day.
- Maintain a healthy, low-fat diet.
- Do not touch the face with dirty hands.
- Consume plenty of water and healthy drinks.
- Use sunscreen and facial creams.
Home remedies to eliminate blackheads
Home remedies to eliminate blackheads can be useful in milder cases. If the problem is severe or recurring, it is best to see a dermatologist for other treatment options. HealthZigzag recommends some ingredients that can act as cosmetics in this case. Get to know them!
Due to its lactic acid content, plain yogurt helps to restore the pH of the skin to decrease excessive fat production. It also reduces the size of pores and helps loosen dead skin particles. Here you can know10 Proven Health Benefits Of Yogurt.
- ½ cup plain yogurt (125 m)
- 2 tablespoons of honey from bees (20 g)
- Incorporate the ingredients in a container and mix them until you obtain a homogeneous product.
How to use:
- Spread the mask over the desired areas and let it act for 20 minutes.
- After this time, rinse with warm water.
- Repeat its use at least 3 times a week.
Due to its grainy texture, brown sugar can be used as an alternative scrub. Its application on the face removes dead cells and removes the fat residues retained in the pores. So it is a great solution to remove blackheads without difficulty.
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar (45 g)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (20 ml)
- First, pour the brown sugar into a bowl.
- Subsequently, mix it with the coconut oil.
How to use:
- Rub the mask with gentle circular massages over the areas with black dots.
- Let it work for 20 minutes and rinse.
- Apply it 2 or 3 times a week.
Note: Avoid this option if you have oily skin.
Applying egg white to the skin is ideal for removing blackheads and reducing the shiny appearance of the face. Thanks to its amino acid and vitamin content, it is a great remedy to refresh the skin in case of aggressions by the sun or toxins.
- 1 egg white
- 10 drops of lemon juice
- Beat an egg white and mix it with the lemon juice.
How to use:
- Spread the treatment on the face or desired areas, and let it dry for about 30 minutes.
- Then, rinse with lukewarm water and remove the residue by doing gentle circular massages.
- Repeat the application 3 times a week.
Note: due to its lemon content, avoid using this remedy during the day.
Do you want to remove those pesky black dots? Do not hesitate to try the mentioned remedies. Also, remember to guarantee a deep cleaning of your skin. Published By Healthzigzag.com
You May Like Also: Methods: How You Can Treat Your Oily Skin