5 habits that restore brain cells
Even though neurogenesis was considered impossible for a long time, that is, scientists thought that it was impossible to restore lost neurons this was not so. You only need to follow healthy habits.
Neurogenesis is a truly wonderful process through which our brain can stimulate the creation of new neurons and their compounds.
You may find this somewhat controversial. After all, quite recently, the scientific community actively supported the idea that with age, the human brain loses its nerve cells: they simply collapse and these consequences are irreversible.
Moreover, it was assumed that trauma or alcohol abuse doomed a person to the inevitable loss of flexibility of consciousness (maneuverability and brain activity), which characterizes a healthy person who adheres to healthy habits.
But today a step has already been taken towards the word that gives us hope: and this word is neuroplasticity.
Yes, it is true that with age, our brain changes, that damage and bad habits (alcohol, tobacco) harm it. But the brain can regenerate, it can again create nerve tissue and bridges, the connections between them.
But for this amazing action to happen, you need a person to act, to be active and in every way stimulate the natural abilities of his brain.
Everything you do and what you think reorganizes your brain
- the human brain weighs only a kilogram and a half, and at the same time consumes almost 20% of all energy available in the body.
- everything we do – we read, study or even just talk with someone – causes amazing changes in the structure of the brain. That is, absolutely everything that we do and what we think is beneficial.
- if our daily lives are filled with stress or anxieties that take us away, then, as a rule, regions such as the hippocampus (associated with memory) are inevitably affected.
- the brain is like a sculpture, which is formed from our emotions, thoughts, actions and daily habits.
- such an internal map requires a huge number of “links”, connections, “bridges” and “highways”, as well as strong impulses that allow us to stay in touch with reality.
Next, we will try to explain how to improve our quality of life, focusing on brain health.
5 principles for stimulating neurogenesis
Physical activity and neurogenesis are directly related.
Every time we make our bodywork (whether it’s walking, swimming or training in the gym), we promote the oxygenation of our brain, that is, saturate it with oxygen.
- In addition to the fact that a cleaner and more oxygenated blood rushes to the brain, the production of endorphins also stimulated.
- Endorphins improve our mood and thus allow us to fight stress, allowing us to strengthen many of our nervous structures.
In other words, any activity that reduces stress levels contributes to neurogenesis. You just have to find the right type of activity (dancing, walking, cycling, yoga, etc.).
The benefits of our brain are undeniable. The effect is as amazing as it is beautiful:
- It allows us to better understand reality and properly direct our anxieties, manage stress.
One of the main enemies for brain health is a food rich in saturated fats. Consumption of convenience foods and non-natural foods slows down neurogenesis. You can read about foods that are super healthy for human beings by clicking the link below.
- It is very important to try to adhere to a low-calorie diet. But at the same time, nutrition should be varied and balanced so that there is no nutrient deficiency.
- Always remember that our brain needs energy, and in the morning, for example, it will be very grateful to us for something sweet.
- Nevertheless, it is advisable to provide this glucose to it through a piece of fruit or dark chocolate, a spoon of honey or a cup of oatmeal …
- And foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids are undoubtedly the most suitable for maintaining and activating neurogenesis.
Sex is another great architect of our brain, the natural engine of neurogenesis. Can’t guess the reason for this connection? But the thing is this:
- Sex not only relieves stress and regulates stress, but also provides us with a powerful energy charge that stimulates the parts of the brain that are responsible for memory .
- And such hormones as serotonin, dopamine or oxytocin. They are produced at the moment of sexual intercourse with a partner, are beneficial for creating new nerve cells.
A flexible mind – a strong brain
There are many ways to maintain the flexibility of the mind. To do this, you need to try to maintain it in the wakeful mode. Then it will be able to quickly “process” all incoming data (which comes from the environment).
You can achieve this through various activities. Leaving aside the aforementioned physical activities, we note the following:
- reading – read every day, this supports your interest and curiosity in everything that happens around you (and in new disciplines, in particular).
- studying a foreign language.
- playing a musical instrument.
- critical perception of things, the search for truth.
- the openness of mind, receptivity to everything around, socialization, travel, discovery, hobby.
The Bottom Line
we note that all of these 5 principles, which we spoke about in reality, are not at all as complex as one might have supposed. Try putting them into practice and take care of the health of your brain. Published By Healthzigzag.com